Mould and Moisture
Signs on buildings:
- Cracks: foundation, exterior walls
- Water stains: beneath windows, on ceilings or floors
- Condensation: windows, walls
- Oxidation: rust (screws, nails, light fixtures, hinges, etc.
- Blotches: discolouration of material
- Efflorescence: white deposit or crystals on concrete
- Damaged material: blackened or rotten wood, roofs in disrepair, etc.
- Odours: humidity, must
- Deformity: curling, cracks, swelling of material and paint
- Humidity: excessive humidity precipitates Mould growth
In the long run, these signs can deteriorate both the quality of air being inhaled and the building itself (ex. reduce property value)