Mold forms when the humidity level of the air inside your home is too high, that is, above 50 to 60%. Black, gray or green spots then appear on the walls and you begin to smell earth or musty. These are actually fungi that release microscopic spores that can spread through the air and are harmful to health.
What are the negative effects of mold in your home?
Spores that spread through the air reach your airways when you inhale. This then causes the appearance of many unpleasant symptoms such as:
- Allergic rhinitis;
- Breathing difficulties;
- Runny nose or stuffy nose;
- Irritation of the throat, puck or eyes;
- Asthma attacks.
In the most advanced cases, prolonged exposure to mold can even cause a lung infection or neurological disorders. In addition, it is important to note that direct contact with spores can lead to skin irritation.
What should you do to prevent mold from developing in your home?
To prevent the appearance of mold in your home:
- Quickly resolve any water infiltration issues.
- Ventilate the house well, especially the bedrooms.
- Clean your walls regularly with antifungal solutions.
- If necessary, use a moisture absorber to ensure that the indoor humidity level does not exceed 50%.
- Conduct a humidity test in case you have any doubts.
Entrust us with the analysis of the air in your home!
At Benjel Chimistes Conseil, we analyze the indoor air of your home to determine the quality and to identify the mold that is present. Our experts will then inform you of the solutions to be undertaken to remedy it and restore your comfort. We also offer our services for residential and commercial buildings.
Why should you choose us?
We have been present in this market for more than 30 years now and are recognized as the “air quality experts” in the region. We put at your service qualified professionals and have our own laboratory to guarantee the speed and reliability of our analyses. We also remind you that we do not sell products or equipment. We help you directly to solve your mold problems. Finally, we offer you the best quality/price ratio on the market.
The presence of mold in the air is harmful to health, especially for young children, the elderly, allergic, asthmatic or low immunity. In addition, these fungi harm the entire structure. It is therefore essential to remedy it as soon as possible. You can call us at 514-360-3386 for more information. It is also possible to contact us by filling out the online form for a free consultation.